Jul 10, 2013

Wanderlust Wednesday

I've been reading a ton of articles about new hotels opening up in Chicago and I am excited to continue to welcome guests to our awesome city.

The first is the Langham, which is slated to open today, and is located inside a Ludwig Mies van der Rohe building in the heart of the city. Sure we have the Four Seasons, Peninsula Hotels alike, but considering the Langham group only comprises of 19 properties in countries around the world, I think this particular property is pretty unique. The rooms start at a pretty generous 516 sq. ft, have impeccable design throughout, and of course the property has your standard spa and swimming pool. It even has a casual Mediterranean-inspired restaurant, Travelle, located downstairs and I have a feeling this won't be your typical "hotel" restaurant as we have a Lettuce Entertain you veteran running the show.

The other news that I am pretty excited about are the hotels that are speculated to be built in the West Loop neighborhood. The only one actually in the process of being built is the Soho House, located on Green St, in between Randolph and Washington St., and will have a rooftop pool and bar, 40 rooms and three restaurants. Swanky swanks. Robert De Niro's Nobu and Blue Ribbon Brooklyn Bowl openings are chatter at this point as developers are making their pitches and working around city restrictions. All in all, pretty exciting stuff considering there are no hotels worth mentioning that are located in the West Loop; now foodies can stay AND eat in the West Loop and never leave!

via Architectural Digest
via
via

via Crain's

No comments:

Post a Comment