I've been going back and forth for quite some time now, trying to figure out which Christian Louboutin style would be the best first pair to purchase. Do I do the open toe, which virtually goes with anything, but is limited to warm weather occasions; or do I do the Hyper heel, and draw a ton of attention to myself; or do I stick to the non-platform, pointy-toe classic? Black, patent leather, embellished or colored? I decided on the timeless Pigalle style in a flat black, which really can be worn with any outfit to class it up. Just think, I can wear it to work with a suit, as a guest to a wedding with a dress, a dinner date night out, or even for a brunch date with a dressed down outfit. This style was available at ONE store in the US in my size, a 35, so really, I thought it was just meant to be. I was literally a little fat kid opening up a king size candy bar when I ripped open the box that came in the mail. I am in LOVE.
I googled "Pigalle" during my search for this shoe and I thought it was funny what Wikipedia has written as a part of the definition of the area in Paris:
"Pigalle is famous for being a tourist district, with many sex shops on Place Pigalle and the main boulevards and prostitutes operating in the side streets."







totally adore the shoes. i think you made an excellent choice. love your adorable blog - cant wait to follow your adventures!
ReplyDelete