Mar 18, 2012

Good Food Festival

The Good Food Festival and conference is a yearly, three day, event that brings together businesses, policy drivers, and pretty much anyone else who is interested in the "locally-driven Good Food Movement." Me, me me!! Sean bought tickets for us to attend the party portion of the event called localicious and I honestly had no idea what to expect. Out of ignorance, I expected the farms to each have a booth where they served rabbit food and honestly, I expected to leave hungry. Um, excuse me localicious, how rude am I?!

The participating RESTAURANTS, who served the food at localicious, actually partner with family farmers and served up the freshest ingredients of the season. There was lamb, there was chocolate, there was whiskey and of course tons of yummy veggies. My favorites dishes were the Longman and Eagle pork belly dish, Province's Pork Cubano and Revolution Brewery's sausages. I also snuck in a little tastes of sake, vodka, rye and beer....tastes, key word, tastes people.

I even sheepishly asked Ted Brunson, the host of Chicago's Best, for a picture and whom I blogged about just last week! I was like a little school girl when I got the picture and realized that it was an "ok to post" situation.

Definitely a yearly repeated event in my calendar!














<3

No comments:

Post a Comment