Jan 23, 2012

Sprouts & Terrariums

Sprout Home is one of my favorite hobby stores in the city. For Christmas, I bought Sean a terrarium building class, well not really bought, because the class was free but read on.

Sprout Home, located in the West Town neighborhood of Chicago and Williamsburg neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY, is a full service garden center and also offers a wide selection of home products, garden design and installation, floral design and delivery. Bottom line-if you're into plants, this is your Disneyland, for sure.

One of their specialties is Terrariums, which is essentially a mini ecosystem that contains a variety of plants, and for Sprout Home, mini living works of art. Sprout Home holds free terrarium building classes (amongst other types of classes), where your only costs incurred are the materials that you purchase at the store. The instructors are the owners and landscape designers and are just filled with so much information about how to make the best terrarium-they asked questions like "what kind of sunlight does your house get?", "how frequently do you want to water your plants?", "what kind of look are you aiming for". Just great people. As for the gift of the class I'm kind of over buying watches and sporting event tickets, so I thought it would be fun activity for Sean and me to do together. I mean I thought it would be fun for Sean to have this as his Christmas gift =)













No comments:

Post a Comment