I am a BIG soup fan. Surprised? For as much as I love eating big meals with lots of substance, there really is nothing that replaces the comfort of soup and noodles. I feel as though this applies to so many different cultures. You've got ramen, wonton soup, chicken noodle soup, matzah ball soup. See, we're all just the same =) and the list goes on and on. And it's getting cold out so what better time?
Recently I've paid visits to
Oiistar, the Bucktown newbie,
Cocoro Sushi, the loop spot frequented by Japanese businessmen,
Arami, West Town's favorite sushi spot and last, but not least Michelin winner Takashi's
Slurping Turtle, which started as a Sunday noodle dinner special at his restaurant Takashi and is now a full blown River North ramen hot spot.
Slurp up!
 |
| The interior at Oiistar |
 |
| Katsu bun |
 |
| The "Oiimen" ramen |
 |
| The menu at Cocoro |
 |
| Champon, a Nagasaki-region special seafood noodle |
 |
| One of my besties from out of town enjoys Arami |
XOXO, IN LOVE WITH CHICAGO
No comments:
Post a Comment