Aug 26, 2013

Juno

Some women like rich men, some are groupies, some are jersey chasers. I, however, consider myself a foodie groupie. I expected nothing less from Juno than perfection and not only did they deliver perfection, but BK Park took the time to chat with us and I had to contain myself from acting overly nerdy and excited. He gave us his business card to set up an Omakase reservation and I just told myself that we're the first he offered that to =) Back when he was at Arami he fed us one of the most delicious Omakase's ever and I was so excited to see his vision in his new restaurant, Juno. I swear that man could make dirt taste delicious. Anyway. Don't expect an Arami clone in this one. I do think that Juno is far more unique than Arami in it's food AND drink offerings. This was literally the first time I have eaten Chawanmushi, a traditional egg custard dish, outside my mothers house and I was pleased with the cold version of the dish. And the fish served was as fresh and as good as it gets. Our server/bartender served us some interesting tasting drinks and come to find out (after a few gratis shots) that his skills come from his Cicerone background.

Emailing BK as I speak.......


Chawanmushi (Japanese egg custard) as traditional as it can get
XOXO, IN LOVE WITH CHICAGO

No comments:

Post a Comment