Jul 7, 2012

Gift Store Roundup

So I've expressed my love for gift giving on several occasions, but now that I consider myself a full blown Chicago-an I have discovered a few go-to local shops that carry the most unique gifts for any occasion. 

The Interior Designer is a difficult friend to shop for given their impeccable style, and disdain for chain stores, but Jayson Home & Garden, in Lincoln Park, will satisfy even the hardest to shop for. I scoured the store for something that wouldn't shatter in the mail and I decided on a Tatine Candle and a few fun matchbooks. I could spend hours on end in this Unique Furniture & Home Decor store, but the goods are definitely not friendly on the good ol' pocketbook. I highly recommend a quick browsing on the website for the sale that is going on right now though!

The frequent traveler is also another friend that is difficult to shop for as you have to ask yourself, what do you buy the friend that has and almost seen everything? I went to the paper store Paper Doll in Wicker Park looking for hand made cards and I stocked up on a few, but also picked up a unique little luggage tag for my friends' travels. And I know JCrew isn't a local store, but how cute is this little traveler's jewelry organizer?


Smitten Boutique has been my go-to for hand made cards since I moved to the city, as when we first moved here we lived in the West Loop neighborhood. This wedding boutique is the girly girls' dream and sells wedding, baby and custom paper products. I found the hand made cards that I wanted to buy for a few upcoming events and left with a few other goodies as I always do! 
Via


No comments:

Post a Comment