Jun 27, 2012

You're Beachin' Chicago

As a transported Cali girl, I have struggled with the fact that Chicago has "beaches". Now that I've been here for almost two years I am almost starting to accept these sandy areas that surround the bodies of water here as indeed, beaches. ALMOST accepting. My first step towards this acceptance was actually going to the beach (I didn't even go once last summer) and going to more than one. North Ave beach in the city is a fist pumpin' party, with awesome views of the city (see last photo below), but I can't say that the Jersey shore crowd is my idea of a good time. The north shore suburb beaches on the other hand could not be more different-quiet, clean and no city view. And pretty, really pretty. I'm posting this after shortly coming home from my trip to Hawaii, so am struggling with anything more descriptive than "pretty" =)









No comments:

Post a Comment