Apr 16, 2012

Asparagus and Shrimp with Hollandaise






Sean subscribes to the Wall Street Journal and as much as I love to read about the stock market, S&P zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, ok fine, it puts me to sleep. One section that I do love is the weekend Life and Culture section and this weekend Sean Brock's "Butter-Braised Asparagus with Shrimp and Lemon Hollandaise" recipe caught my eye. Sean Brock is a chef at Husk and McCrady's, both in Charleston, S.C., and is well known for his Southern, new American fare. I can't wait to make a trip down south for a visit to one of his restaurants!

I have never made Hollandaise sauce, but after viewing several youtube videos (how did anybody ever learn to cook on their own without them?), one failed try, a few eggs and sticks of butter, I had some creamy goodness on my hands. This is quite an easy recipe, because after I jumped the Hollandaise hurdle all I did was boil the broth mixture, braise the asparagus and poach the shrimp and voila! Sunday dinner. Definitely adding this one to the dinner rotation.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! The pictures are amazing and the recipe sounds delish :)

    ReplyDelete