Nov 9, 2011
Scarf it Up
A girlfriend of mine shared this video with me and with temps dropping to the 30s, pumpkin spice everything and the holidays screaming to take our money, it's definitely the time of year to scarf it up. She did forget the "Chicago" scarf style though....bundling your entire face, leaving a tiny slit for your eyes. Tina Fey, recalling one winter day in Chicago, said it best in her book BossyPants:
"One February morning was so cold that they closed school. There wasn't any snow; they just closed school because they didn't want kids dropping dead at the bus stop. I waited for the train at 5:10AM wrapped in multiple hats and scarves so that only my eyes were exposed. By the time I got to Evanston, all the blood vessels around my eyes has burst from the temperature."
Yay. Winter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I just finished bossypants! Loved it! The waterfall? New fave.
ReplyDeleteP.S. We're STILL twinsies, because, and I'm not even lying, I was going to quote Tina in one of my next few posts.