

So I didn't win.
The winner of the HGTV Urban Oasis of 2011 Giveaway Sweepstakes won apartment in the highly coveted Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago, designed by Vern Yip. The luxury apartment, which has uninhibited views of the architecture of Chicago from the sky high 35th floor, boasts a contemporary look with classic Chicago details. The sweepstakes ran from August to October and you could enter on both HGTV.com and Frontdoor.com twice a day. And of course I did. Everyday. Twice a day. I had it all planned out...calculated the property tax that I would pay each year, picked out the small apartment purse dog that I would have to buy to fit in with the neighbors, thought of themes for a house warming party...sigh. I selfishly didn't post anything about this to increase my chances of winning. I know. I'm a lunatic.
So back to the apartment itself. I am a sucker for knick nacks and Vern Yip is indeed a knick nack genius. He used details to add to the otherwise contemporary design from the Chicago Botanic Garden, Frank Lloyd Wright inspirations, a piece salvaged from an old Chicago ice cream parlor, photos of Chicago landmarks (and not in the typical cheesy way) and the list goes on and on. As for the Trump Tower amenities? To say that the resident's of the towers live in luxury is quite an understatement with the ridiculous amenities they have on site...53 spa rooms, a health club on the 14th floor, Sixteen, a Michelin-rated restaurant, a lounge and bar, Reba and access to all hotel concierge services, including in-room dining, housekeeping, valet and babysitting.....see why I was so crazy about this?! Starting to save my pennies meow!


















nice pics!
ReplyDelete